Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Norval

Last Monday we went to a thing called norval it was a team building place for school. There were all sorts of activities for team building and working together. Like one of them, called "The Wall" pretty self explanatory considering it was a fourteen foot wooden wall, that we had to climb. But, like usual there is a catch, the only "tool" we could use was our selves. I think in my group there were about 14 people. So that meant, fourteen people had to be hoisted up the wall. At first, there was lots of doubt about our plan, but in the end it worked out perfectly.
There was also one activity called the inuit blanket toss, which was very fun. It was basicly just a circular tarp with handles on the edge and when the slack in the blanket is tensed the person on it gets thrown into the air.

This trip has become a somewhat annual event at school, and most people enjoy it for the most part. At the end of the team building activities, which were in the morning, we got to participate in a drum circle. Which was exactly what it sounds like, we sat in a semi circle, and played the drums. The drums we played were called jumbays but I'm 100% sure that's NOT how you spell it. The drum circle was pretty intense and was lead by three people from a place called the drum cafe. It was the first drum circle I've ever been part of and it was actually pretty fun.

There's only one thing I can say that bothered me about norval this year compared to last year, and that is that there was no tasty barbecue! I know I can speak for myself and a few others, that it was a bit of a disappointment. All things considered, this year at norval was pretty legit.



No comments:

Post a Comment