Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st, 2010

If I could redo any day in my life, it would be when I got sick in whistler. (June of last summer)
I had a great opportunity to ski in the whistler blackcomb glacier at a summer freestyle ski camp, and got sick, mostly because I was dumb and didn't eat well or dress warmly. I ruined 3 out of 6 good days of skiing. I can only wonder the possibilities of what I might have learned in the park, while I was moping around for half a week.

Another reason I would redo this day, is because if I wasn't so careless I wouldn't have gotten the same sickness two other times during the summer. Also taking away from my normal summer camp experience.

I learned that when I'm on my own I have to be responsible if I want to stay safe and healthy. But whistler could have been even more incredible if I could redo that day. Plus, while I was sick my friends learned a lot of new tricks and stuff, making me want to catch up, but never really being able to progress as much as them. Life's like that though, and nobody can time travel, usually there's at least one good thing that comes out of a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment